Zotero on google chrome; randomly doesn't update certain cites that it had fine before

Every time i go into my google doc, zotero has picked a new citation to show as "updating" instead of the proper citation appearance it had before (and also removes it from the reference list where it had once been). When i click on the updating link (which never ever resolves on its own), I get an error message like this: Selected field 4TGmUn not returned from Docs backend.

Restarting, reloading, etc not helping. Nothing helps. What the heck, Zotero?

• edited May 26, 2023
    When i click on the updating link
    {Updating} isn't something you're ever supposed to click on — it's just a placeholder, and the document shouldn't even be accessible while that's showing as a link. There should be a "Zotero is updating your document" overlay.

In any case, you should try disabling any other browser extensions you have installed and reloading Google Docs.

If you still have trouble, we'd want to see a Debug ID from the Zotero Connector for reproducing this.
  • It shows that updating placeholder for days and days, without being in the gray zone of "Zotero is updating your document." If I click on it (which I do in an effort to figure out the deal), I get that error message I mentioned earlier.

How do I get the debug ID from the connector that you need to see?

Thanks for your response!

• "Debug ID" above is a link to instructions.
  • got it, sorry -- realied it seconds after sending that message
    Of COURSE it is working at this moment, so you won't hear from me until it happens again, but that is likely to be soon, as it happens every couple days.
  • Ok, it happened again today, and the "debug" thing was enabled, so I am assuming it is the last thing in the debug window. This is what is says (I also hit the submit button for the debug window):

[JavaScript Error: "Error: Selected field k0s4Fo not returned from Docs backend
    at Zotero.GoogleDocs.ClientAppsScript.cursorInField (chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/zotero-google-docs-integration/clientAppsScript.js:420:9)
    at async Object.editField (chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/zotero-google-docs-integration/googleDocs.js:120:16)" {file: "[object Object]"}]
  • And the Debug ID is D1983271163.