Cannot sync desktop app

I currently use Zotero on my iPad and my Macbook. Lately my desktop app has not been syncing even though I have not altered any settings. Papers added/deleted from my iPad appear on my online library but not on the desktop app. Annotations made from the desktop app do not appear online or on my iPad. The box to sync automatically is still checked and my library still has a checkmark next to it under "Choose Libraries". When I hover over the sync icon in the upper right-hand corner, it says that it was last synced with zotero.com 10 days ago. Clicking the icon to manually sync does nothing.

Thank you in advance for your help.
  • Thank you dstillman. I just went through the troubleshooting list and was not able to see any issues that could explain this problem. I created a Debug ID and created a note inside one of my files within the desktop app that I confirmed does not appear online. I then tried the manual sync which didn't do anything again. The Debug ID is D1366184526. Will this be helpful for troubleshooting or should I do something else?
  • edited May 30, 2023
    Can you provide a Debug ID for Zotero startup through the initial auto-sync, using the "Restart with Logging Enabled…" option?
  • Here is the Debug ID for Zotero startup: D1631853464. After restart, my desktop app immediately synced with zotero.org, and manual sync works now. It looks like a restart was all it needed. It hadn't occurred to me to try that. Thank you for your help!