Zotero 7: Stange characters in the tab titles

Some strange characters appear in the tab titles when opened in a separate window when the enry has two creators.
See snapshot.
The tab title appears normally when opened as a tab in the main Zotero window.
Windows 10, Zotero 7.0.0-beta.4+744e73bfd (64-bit)
  • Thanks — should be fixed in the latest beta.
  • I have made a fresh install of the beta 17 on a fresh Windows 11 OS.
    I have then added a single item from the Zotero connector (5.0.111) in Chrome Version 114.0.5735.199 (Build officiel) (64 bits): https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.88.061001
    I do not see the characters in Zotero, but I still see them on the name of the file.
    See snapshot.

Report ID: 730241077
    7.0.0-beta.17+8017b2ab1 (64-bit) in French
  • edited July 22, 2023
    That should now be fixed as well in the latest beta.
  • edited July 24, 2023
    The problem is partly solved: newly imported files are fine, but the files that were previously imported and had the problem are not fixed.

The problem appears only on the files imported most recently.
    A file imported on the 22nd of June is fine, but a file imported on the 29th of June still contains the strange characters.
  • It wouldn't do anything for previously renamed files. Those are already set.

You can rename them again from parent metadata and they'll be corrected, though. Be sure to grab beta 23, which changes the manual rename behavior to not change the attachment title if it doesn't already match the filename.
  • Thank you!
    The rename from parent metadata is able to fix the problem by removing the strange characters in the file name with the beta 23.