Google Docs editing problem

I've got a shared google document. Now after a few comments from others, I tried to cut and copy a text with references in the text, then a refresh. It stuck on "updating", had to close the whole document.

Now opening it again and editing any Zotero reference, it just throws me out of the document onto another window. If I try to add a citation, it does the same. If I open the Zotero differently, it opens that, and this normal red citation box doesn't come out.

I found the Zotero preferences and clicked yes to google docs enabling. Still nothing happens.

What should I do?
  • Now opening it again and editing any Zotero reference, it just throws me out of the document onto another window.
    Not sure what you mean by that. What other window?

Can you take a screenshot, upload it somewhere (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.), and provide a link here?
  • It seems now that the problem solved after I shut down my whole MacBook and turned it on again - seamless work after that.

What I meant by that other window was that other desktop/workboard, between which you can switch in MacBook with a 3-finger sideway swipe. So normally, after referencing in the Docs, it opens the Zotero in this other window/desktop/workboard, where I can enter the reference. In my problem described above, it only switched between the desktop/window/workboard, and no Zotero popped on.