Zotero 7 Windows: Distinguishing 32-bit and 64-bit app?

Is there currently a way for a user to tell if they are on the 32 or 64-bit app?
And assuming that beta updates stay on the 32-bit app, will just installing the 64-bit beta work or what's the envisioned/preferred update path for that?
  • For the next beta I've updated the About dialog to show "(32-bit)" or "(64-bit)" after the app version on Windows and Linux.

Reinstalling the 64-bit version over the 32-bit version works fine — the installer will notice the existing 32-bit and prompt to uninstall it and replace it with a 64-bit version (in "C:\Program Files" instead of "C:\Program Files (x86)".

We're going to investigate whether we can update 32-bit builds to 64-bit. I believe Firefox did it, but I haven't looked at the specifics. (The app would stay in "Program Files (x86)" that way, but maybe that's the extent of it.)

If we can't auto-update, we'd show a message in the app encouraging people to reinstall the 64-bit version (similar to what we did re: Zotero 7 on the Zotero 6 beta).