Feature Request: Filter Tags by usage (within Attachments / in Library)

Hello,

I don't know if this is possible and maybe it's been asked before - I'd almost be surprised if it isn't, but it would be great if you could see directly in the library which tags were used within attachments in marked text and which were used globally for the whole entry. And if you could jump directly to the tagged location in the attachment. Similar to QDA software (like MaxQDA).

Thank you and best regards
andreas

PS: Is the feature request correct in here?
  • Feature request is right here, yes. If I understand you correctly, you're asking for tags on annotations to be accessible in the tag selector, so that you could, say, show all annotations tagged "important" across documents. That's planned.
  • edited May 3, 2023
    Tags on annotations are already shown in the main tag selector in the library view. They currently match the parent attachment current, but later it'll be possible to view the matching annotations directly in the items list (and that should address "jump directly to the tagged location in the attachment").

I think @basaandy is also asking to be able to limit the display to tags on items vs. tags on annotations? That's not something we're currently planning.
  • That sounds great, thank you!

@dstillman wrote: "view the matching annotations directly in the items list". If I understand you right, you then can see which tag is used in which item of an entry? Nice would be a direct jump to the tagged annotation inside the item (eg PDF). And a possibility to show up all annotations of a specific tag across multiple entrys.

The Coding Feature of MaxQDA is really helpful and maybe zotero can do similar work with it's tags. https://www.maxqda.com/help-mx22/05-coding/how-to-code

However - thank you for your work!