View online from DOI spawns lots of tabs in firefox

View online from DOI spawn many tabs when trying to access the page of the article through the right pane, spawning of several tabs at once in Firefox puts a lot of stress on firefox leading to freezing up of the whole system, will be glad if you can look into this, the solution available is to copy the DOI link and paste it into Firefox to avoid spawning several tabs at once.
  • I'm not seeing that -- clicking on the DOI label or using "View Online" opens exactly one tab with the resource in question. Could you say exactly what you're doing and try with all Firefox add-ons disabled, for testing?
  • I also came across this issue using Safari on mac. I am using the latest Zotero. Happy to provide further info that can help identify the issue.
  • You could answer adamsmith's question:
    Could you say exactly what you're doing?
  • Right click the DOI value, and left click 'view online'.

Clicking on the DOI label works though.
  • Right click the DOI value, and left click 'view online'.
    Do you have an example of DOI? Is it for all the DOIs in your library? How did you import the item into your library? Do you have active zotero add-ons?
  • I played around a bit, it turns out it is accumulatively opening all the DOIs that are previously opened since Zotero is launched.

That is, If I open Zotero freshly, and view online DOI-A, only DOI-A will be opened (one tab). Then I close the DOI-A tab in my browser, and view online DOI-B, both DOI-A and DOI-B will be opened (two tabs). So on and so forth. Seems like some kind of cache issue, and the cache will be reset when Zotero is closed and reopened.

Clicking on the DOI label won't open all previous tabs, but it will go into that cache.

re your questions, it is a behaviour for all DOIs, there is a mixture of adding by doi and ris import, I have several common add-ons, disabling them all does not solve the issue.
  • @airallergy: I can reproduce that. We'll fix. Thanks for reporting.