Citation Key issue after using BBT.

edited April 19, 2023
I originally generated by .bib from google scholar (which uses: @article{monti2010valproic, which should correspond to sth. like "auth + year+ veryshorttitle").
However, I had to fetch additional information for my thesis (DOI's, Journal abbreviations etc.) so I imported my .bib into Zotero and used BBT to export it with the latter.

My issue now is that my citation keys differ (e.g. @article{montiValproicAcidNeuroprotective2010) for all of my references and I do not want to single-handedly change them...

I did try to specify "auth + veryshorttitle + year" in the preferences but nothing changed in my bibliography.

Any idea on what I am doing wrong?
  • If you open an issue on the bbt github page and submit a BBT debug ID there (one with -refs- in it) I can take a look. On the description above I don't really understand what your current situation is.

If you import a bibtex file while BBT is installed, it will copy the citation keys into the extra field, which will prevent further changes to the citation key, but I don't know whether these entries were imported before or after bbt was installed. The debug log will tell me what we're looking at, and then it should be simple to resolve.
  • I don't think I've seen an issue opened on this on github, so I'm assuming you have resolved your question.