Citation tab does not show on the Word window (Mac OS)

Hi,

When I try to cite something in word, the citation tab for Zotero always appears on my desktop window instead of appearing on top of my word document. When I try and drag it into my word window, it doesn't work. It wasn't like this when I first downloaded Zotero but it has been like this since like the third time I used it. Is there any way to fix this? Thank you!

Best,
Vicky.
  • Can you take a screenshot of the issue, upload it somewhere (like dropbox or imgur) and post a link here?
  • Thank you so much for getting back to me so soon. Yes, I just uploaded a picture, a screenshot, and a screen recording on dropbox - hopefully it illustrates my issue well. Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/k689djggobmxrpyv1gifi/h?dl=0&rlkey=1qc720w7mukjcasn0o7i5pg60

Thanks!
  • OK, be sure to specify when you're using full-screen mode and Spaces. That's not the default way of working on macOS, so it's not something people helping you will expect otherwise.

This isn't something we can fix — since you have Word and Zotero in full-screen mode, and the citation bar is a separate Zotero window, it's going to open in the desktop space.

Is this a problem, though? If I try this, it switches to the citation bar in the desktop space, but once I search for a citation and press Return, it switches back to full-screen Word.
  • edited April 12, 2023
    Okay. I asked because I wasn't sure if this is a problem/bug on my computer - I remember using Zotero when I first downloaded it and the citation bar appears on top of my word, so I thought there might be something wrong with how it is now. Maybe I remember that wrong, and I wasn't using full screen Word at the time! You're right, it's still usable. I thought I'd just check because it is a bit annoying when it constantly jumps to desktop and back when I try to cite something. Thank you for your time!