Improvement of the tag cloud

What Zotero most attracts me is the smart tag cloud. It is the most important characteristic of Zotero, I think. However maybe it still needs enhancement. When I click one of the tags in the left panel, the references owning the responsive tag appear with blue color and what is more interesting is that the related tags appear at the same time with black color(related tags refers to the tags which belong to the same reference ). This is amazing and just because of this Zotero exceeds the citeulike, endnote or some other reference management software. My proposition is whether this function can be realized when I use the search box at the left-bottom side. The situation now is that when I type the keyword there only displays the exact tag for your search but without the related tags. i.e. can it be improved by showing the searching tags and the related tags at the same time with different colors when using search box?
  • The search box in the tag selector is solely for finding tags to select, so showing non-matching tags wouldn't make sense.

If you search for a tag using the quick search bar at the top of the middle pane, the tag selector will update to show only the tags associated with the search results, which sounds more like what you're asking for.
  • Mr Stillman, can you explain with more detail on how the quick search bar associates the tags on the left panel? Do the shown tags belong to the references which include the keyword you just type in the quick search bar in any fields (e.g. abstract. title)?