feature request: a tag pane displaying the tags (including hierarchical ones ) as a tree structure

Since Zotero supports hierarchical tags, its current display in a pane in the form of a list of tags (essentially a one-dimensional data structure) is not so convenient. If it can be displayed as a tree structure similar to the file explorer or the tag pane of obsidian, it will make the organization of the tags much easier.

BTW, after learning about the existence of the new software "Tana", I notice that the tagging system of a database management software can be essential, which is the key to making sense of a large amount of data and retrieving the required information easily. Previously, I used obsidian to make notes for pdfs, whose each note can be associated with relevant tags, then, when I need to search for relevant information, the relevant notes with the corresponding tags will be collected in the search results, making it very convenient when doing a literature survey.

IMHO, Zotero is lack in its functionality in terms of tags and notes taking. For the tags, it would be great if one can add (hierarchical tags) in a convenient way (preferably supporting “fuzzy matching”), and allow using a tag-tree to collect and display the relevant data.

As for note taking, I would recommend Zotero to be able to offer a way to save these searches (using tags as keywords) in the notes, similar to what we can do in Obsidian using dataview in a note. I would also suggest allowing the users to open up a note in a new window so that they can add whatever he wants to this note; this can be convenient when one needs to summarize stuff based on multiple pdfs.

Since Zotero is already capable of providing links to the comments within a pdf very conveniently, I believe that if more functionalities are added to the tagging system and note-taking of Zotero, it will make Zotero sufficient for most note-taking tasks, then one may not necessarily need to rely on external note-taking software.