DOI field in "book" and "book section"

I searched the forums but I could not find this problem addressed, but if I missed it, please point me to the discussion. I am working on a bibliography intended for editorial purposes, so I need to ensure all relevant id are available. I just noticed that books and books sections don't have a DOI field, while most of the recent publications do. Any plan to add this info soon? Using the URL is limiting my possibilities.
Thanks
  • edited March 29, 2023
    My bad, I just found the list of "wanted fields" on top of forums. Also, similar requests predates mine by 8 years, and it is planned. Now I need to figure how to remove the post. I was searching for "book" and not "all field". https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/85406/doi-field-required-for-all-item-types
  • Don’t worry about posting a question, that’s totally fine. You can enter DOIs for any item in Extra like this:

DOI: 10.1234/567890

That will appear in citations and be migrated automatically once a proper DOI field is added (which should happen relatively soon). Most website translators will save DOIs for books and chapters like this.
  • Thanks! I'm glad there is already a best practice, not sure why I could not see it in my first search!