Edit bibliography - Double title of Journal in reference

Hello everyone,

When I "Edit bibliography" or "refresh", the update of my references always shows double title of journal in italic.
I set Vancouver (bracket) preferences, but it seems like I always have to modify textually my references and it makes me lose a lot of time.
Thank you for everything.
  • Try in a new document.
    Did you double check your metadata in Zotero that there is now duplicated title anywhere?

Can you paste the erroneous citation here into a post? (It will not show italics, don't worry)
  • Hi,

Thank you so much for your quick reply!
    What does double check consist in ? Where are Metadata?

Here is an example of automatic reference edited :

Vass P, Démuth B, Hirsch E, et al. 3 - Vass P., Démuth B., et al., Drying technology strategies for colon-targeted oral delivery of biopharmaceuticals, J Control Release 296 (2019) 162-178. J Control Release Off J Control Release Soc 2019; 296: 162–178.

As you can see, there are two journal titles (J control release) and two pages part. What is that due to?

Many thanks
  • In Zotero. The data in the info box on the right-hand side. You're fully responsible for the data in Zotero. A citation style can only get the data from those fields. If the data is wrong, so will its output.
  • Ok thank you !

Which kind of info or datado you suggest to put to get a constant reference type?
  • Just check that the data looks regular -- if I had to guess, the title field contains , J Control Release 296 (2019) 162-178 (and possibly other unneeded stuff)
  • I usually enter in the same way my data. I just put the PMID or DOI number in the research box and it automatically enters all data.
    Then, when I refresh or edit bibliography, 2 titles in the reference appear
  • Here is an example :

Jones RGA, Martino A. 2 - Jones R. and Martino A., Targeted localized use of therapeutic antibodies: a review of non-systemic, topical and oral applications, Crit Rev Biotechnol 36 (2016) 506-520. Crit Rev Biotechnol. 2016;36(3):506‑20.

You can see twice the journal Crit Rev Biotechnology
  • The infobox is automatically fulled by the logicial and still I get two titles
  • I think I could find the origin of the twice titles problems!

In a global way : how do you suggest to enter data? Is there a standard and secure way?
    For example, as for the number of author etc...?
    Do you have suggestions.
    Many thanks for everything
  • Importing by PMID (or from PubMed directly) is typically pretty reliable -- is that what you did for the items above?
  • Yes, this is what I usually do.
    The title appears twice in the data box on the right size : in a upper part entirely, and in a downer part in abbreviation.

When you import PMID , which modification of Data do you suggest to do in order to have a standardized and homegenous layout?

Many thanks for everything
  • The different items have specific fields for the information and generally, only one "piece" of information should be in each cell.
    Title goes into title.
    Publisher goes into publisher.
    Edition goes into edition etc...

NOT "Title, 3rd Edition" in the title field.