Can place only one citation to table in LO .odt document

edited March 25, 2023
Zotero + LibreOffice 7.4

Yesterday LO Writer .odt document was created - simply slick new document. Document includes nothing but a table with multiple cells and it was saved to local disk.
Table cells got slight cell formatting customization. Same applies to paragraph style of text in cells.
Content of several cells is going to get citation reference, yet the end of document the bibliography.
Adding the very first citation to table works fine.
However adding additional citation (2nd) doesn't work any more >> error message "Zotero experienced an error updating your document. Would you like to view troubleshoting instructions?"
To be honest Zotero 6.0.22 instead of 6.0.23 in use, unsure if this matters.
Changes tracking - Writer side - was never nor is in use.
It doesn't matter which cell one wants to place 2nd citation reference to.
It also doesn't matter which source one wants to cite.
No difference as well if document includes bibliography or not.
Citation style in use: IEEE, if this can only matter here.

UPDATE
I have to add all cited sources are of non-scientific origin, pdf documents or html-snapshots found free in Internet. No idea if this matters.
What was also tried out is to make citations below table. The paragraph over there is of Default Paragraph Style. I had to make same number of lines that style below table as the number of desired citations. Short dummy text needed to be put in every line - in the end dummy texts will be removed as the goal is to have list of sources used to produce content of table above that list >>> I can accept if citation references are not present in document, just the list of sources in use will suffice.
  • edited March 27, 2023
    Support for citing in tables is hit-and-miss across different Word processors, although more often a miss. There is some code in the LibreOffice plugin codebase that attempts to handle citations in tables that was written over 10 years ago by a developer that is no longer working with us, but there hasn't really been any vocal request from the community to improve that support, so it's likely to not work properly. It is currently low on our priority list to improve it unless we see significant interest from our users.
  • I can confirm this is happening with LO 7.5 on linux mint.
    However, it does seem to work alright if you leave a few blank paragraphs before inserting the table.
  • @adomasven, gwyn-hopkins, Thank you for sharing your knowledge this regard.