Batch processing for tags, not for a single/multiple document(s) but just the tags

I was wondering whether the feature request: https://www.zotero.org/support/requested_features -> Batch Editing

is the same as what I would like to request. The way the feature request is described:

"Editing of metadata fields and tags for multiple items at once "

it seems to me to refer to editing the tags of some selected documents (i.e., editing them in the right pane) - even though in the original request, from 16 years ago, it sounds like it could refer to just the tags, not "tags of multiple items".

--------------------------------------------

What I would like to request is being able to edit just the tags, irrespective of any documents they might belong to, in the (for me) lower left corner of the Zotero Window.

My suggestion:
- Allow clicking on a tag to show all documents with that tag, in the given collection and all its sub-collections
- Allow to mark multiple tags in the tag list via, for example, ctrl+shift
- Allow to right-click -> delete all marked tags

This would allow for manual, but still much faster, deletion of tags. You can either by eye detect which ones you want to keep/delete, or quickly look for whether the tags are reasonable, with just one click instead of having to "search" for documents with that tag (which opens a separate window and requires multiple clicks + visual search).
  • A tag manager is planned.
    Allow clicking on a tag to show all documents with that tag, in the given collection and all its sub-collections
    This is the whole point of the tag selector, so I'm not sure what you mean by this part.
  • A tag manager also allowing to manage tags irrespective of the documents they belong to? That would be great.

Tag selector: Thanks, I've looked it up and found that I'm using it the wrong way (did not select "My Library" so my tags were not clickable.)