Citation, multiple sources, one single footnote

edited March 23, 2023
University rules for writing works require if author refers at one point of her text to multiple sources there should be one single footnote with all sources shown that footnote - concatenation. How to achieve it?

Currently and while using World Politics style as many footnotes are generated as number of sources that particular citation point has.
  • Sorry, I seem to had described problem inaccurately.

example of what is desired/required
    Please consider footnote formatting shown to be an example, what only matters is in footnote multiple sources get listed while citation reference in text is comprised from one single number, no list. These are rules received from university.
    Hard to see for me zotero help section Citations with Multiple Cited Items to follow this pattern.

This is fragment of write work. Document makes citation[1].

-----
    [1] source 1 name (source 1 date), source 2 name (source 2 date)

• That's exactly how multiple items inserted with the World Politics style would look.

Make sure you're looking setting the citation style under "Document Preferences" in the Zotero ribbon in Word (*not* in Zotero itself).
  • edited March 23, 2023
    Yes, LO Writer, it is the only place I switch style type every time I need it. Switching type style is always effective, hence I feel it is not the problem here.

E.g. current state: Chicago Manual 17th (note)
    Multi-source citation added using classic add citation dialog (as from beginning on this work)
    Result below.

This is fragment of write work. Document makes citation[1][2].

-----
    [1] source 1 name (source 1 date)
    [2] source 2 name (source 2 date)
  • Could you take a screenshot of
    1) The add citation dialog with multiple items selected before pressing OK
    2) The full page with citations and footnotes after citing

post them to a free image hosting site (imgur.com, dropbox etc.) and link to from here.