Zotero stuck/frozen updating bibliography

In a google doc, I clicked on a reference in my bibliography and selected "edit with Zotero." I made some manual edits to the citation and accepted the edits. They didn't come out as expected, so I clicked again on "edit with Zotero" and clicked "revert." This is when Zotero froze. As I've done before (probably not the best approach), I quit and reopened Zotero, as well as my document. The citation still reflected the manual edit. I tried editing the in-text citation by deleting it with the hope of doing a Zotero refresh, then re-adding the citation and allowing Zotero to do the formatting (to get back to square 1). A message popped saying another user was using Zotero to update citations, and I chose to override since I'm the one managing our citations. Now whenever I try to refresh, Zotero freezes, and for some reason, the bibliography is repeated dozens of times (i.e. list of 1-37 references repeated over and over). I'm on a Mac with Ventura 13.2.1
  • What do you mean by Zotero freezes? Can you interact with the main Zotero window? Do you see a progress dialog?

Could you restart Zotero, refresh the document and produce a Debug ID from Zotero for an operation that "freezes" Zotero?