Civil War Letters Import
I am lucky to have found several hundred civil war letters from members of my family. I have some that I inherited, some found in libraries and some from other personal collections. I took pictures of each page of each of the letters and have them in pdfs. I am in the process of transcribing them and I've been saving the the transcription in a word document. In the filename, I have been using the naming sample - "Letter - 1864-06-07-James to Father" for both the pdf and docx. Am thinking I want have each pair of files have it's own Letter Item type with the pdf and docx be attachments. Would love to be able to have the citation information be the same (except the name and date) for all the letters from each source.
Am looking for suggestions on the best way to accomplish this? Or suggestions for better ways of doing it? I hope to one day publish a book about the relatives and their civil war experiences referencing the letters as needed, with flexibility to use some letters, some parts of letters, etc. and be able to cite them properly.
Thanks in advance!
Bryan
Am looking for suggestions on the best way to accomplish this? Or suggestions for better ways of doing it? I hope to one day publish a book about the relatives and their civil war experiences referencing the letters as needed, with flexibility to use some letters, some parts of letters, etc. and be able to cite them properly.
Thanks in advance!
Bryan
Upgrade Storage