Zotero Not working, says "The document citations are being edited by another Zotero user. Please try

My zotero has been working great for the past few months, but after it updated this morning, it has stopped working.

I have a mac and mainly use it on google docs. i have tried unlinking the plugging, re-installing zotero, restarting my mac, and nothing has worked.

The Report ID is 573048180

Steps to Reproduce
1. Open zoter
2. Open document
3. go to add citation
4. pop up comes up saying "The document citations are being edited by another Zotero user. Please try again later."
5. i click "need help?"
6. this message comes up "Zotero locks your document to prevent multiple users from editing citations at the same time. C8oncurrent citation editing in the document may lead to citation or document corruption. Certain unforeseeable circumstances, such as network failures, may lead to your document becoming permanently locked. If you believe this has happened, you can override the lock.

Would you like to override the document lock?"
7. i override the lock
8. still doesnt work
  • Same thing is happening to me!! Please help! It lets me override and rype in my document and then it just freezes and i have to reload my document and force close zotero to be able to edit the document.