References disappeared from Zotero mac client
A couple of days ago I completed an update on one of my computers for Zotero for Mac. I'm not sure it's related... but yesterday I went to cite something in Word and realised that a significant number of my saved references had disappeared from the reference manager. Is there any way to get them back?
I know they were there previously because I have used them across multiple other documents.
Any help would be great.
Thanks.
I know they were there previously because I have used them across multiple other documents.
Any help would be great.
Thanks.
-
dstillman Zotero Teamedited March 11, 2023No items have been deleted in your online library (which would sync to all of your devices) since December. Most likely the items you're looking for just haven't synced from the computer where you added them. See Changes Not Syncing.
-
lsharmanThis is not the case. They have been added for at least a year and have been used across all devices. I know there is nothing in my trash, which is why I'm confused.
-
lsharmanNever mind. I had to add my original Mendeley references back in as these all appeared to have been deleted but not my new references.
-
lsharmanNot sure why this happened though. These were all the first references I added into Zotero as part of my library.
-
dstillman Zotero TeamOpen one of the documents, find a citation for an item you can no longer find, toggle Word field codes, and let us know the zotero.org URL in the code.
Upgrade Storage