Standalone note lost after edit in a separate window

Yesterday I created a standalone note in Zotero on my Windows PC at home. Most of the time I wrote it in a separate window. Then I closed the separate window without noticing whether I lost the newly made contents when it went back to the right hand pane. But I pressed the sync button before I closed Zotero.

However today I can't find the note anywhere in Zotero on my Windows PC at office. Not even in Trash.

Similar problems have been reported long ago: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/69310/notes-problem
  • Have you actually looked back on the home PC? Most likely the item just wasn't uploaded for some reason — either you didn't actually sync or there was some sort of sync error.

Nothing has been uploaded to your online library in a couple days.
  • Oh I didn't expect that. Will check back at home.
    I always receive a red acclaimation sign besides the sync icon. But it's always on an older note containing an image I put in, thus I just leave it there.
    Thank you~
  • Yeah you’d want to resolve that. Some sync errors will prevent other items from syncing.

You probably know, but in Zotero 6 images in notes are officially supported, but old ones won’t be automatically converted to the new format, so you’ll need to reinsert it.