Feature request: Zotero Connector Item Selector, box for whole page

Hi there,

Sometimes the Zotero Connector mistakenly assumes that the page has multiple items and brings up the Item Selector dialog box, but what I really want is the whole page. (For example, the reading list at this page: http://www.postkeynesian.net/readinglist/. What I want is the whole reading list, but the Item Selector pops up with individual items from the list.)

Is it possible to add an option to grab the whole page instead of any particular item to the Item Selector box?

(I use Firefox and IOS and have the same issue on both).

Thanks!
  • edited March 8, 2023
    It does that when it detects a DOI on the page, since it can't know in advance if the DOI matches the page. (You can see if you hover over the save button that it's using the DOI translator.)

To save the page itself, you can right-click on the save button and select one of the webpage options from the menu.

In a future version, we're planning to have it always show the current page as an option in the Select Items dialog even when something else was detected with the DOI translator.
  • Whoa, did not know you could right-click, thanks!

How about iOS, is there a way to get the whole page there?
  • Not currently, but planned (though it will be somewhat obviated by the same change I mention here).
  • Brilliant, thank you!!