Zotero & Word problem

Hello, I recently had a problem opening my word files. A message appears: "The last time you opened 'Zotero.dotm', it caused a serious error. Do you still want to open it?". I have to answer yes/no. Then another message "Word cannot open this document" with the path listed as 'Zotero.dotm'. This, every time I open a Word document. (Namely the Zotero app on my PC works fine)
Do you have any idea what to do? Thanks !
  • dstillman Zotero Team
    edited March 8, 2023
    That's likely a problem in your Word installation, so you should start by making sure you're running the latest version of Word. You should also make sure you have the latest version of Zotero (currently 6.0.22).

    If the problem continues, you should delete Zotero.dotm from the Word Startup folder, restart Word to confirm that it's completely gone, and then reinstall it from the Cite pane of the Zotero preferences and restart Word to make sure that you have the latest version of the .dotm.
Sign In or Register to comment.