Issues importing references from Scopus

I'm having problems getting references from Scopus into Zotero recently, both with the Browser Connector and RIS import. I have report IDs for each:

Browser Connector attempt: 508424357

RIS import attempt: 401326398

I'm going to go disable plugins and restart Firefox to see if that fixes anything.
  • Turns out all my Zotero plugins are already disabled.
    I restarted Firefox, and made sure my ad blocker and ghostery are disabled at Scopus' website. When I mouse over the Zotero connector icon, it says it's using the Scopus translator.

Here's a debug output id: D1643282493
  • Can you open the RIS with a text editor (Notepad, TextEdit) and post the first ~30 lines here?
  • TY - JOUR
    TI - Improvisational and Standup Comedy, Graphic Medicine, and Theatre of the Oppressed to Teach Advancing Health Equity
    T2 - Academic Medicine
    J2 - Acad. Med.
    VL - 97
    IS - 12
    SP - 1732
    EP - 1737
    PY - 2022
    DO - 10.1097/ACM.0000000000004905
    SN - 10402446 (ISSN)
    AU - Chin, M.H.
    AU - Orlov, N.M.
    AU - Callender, B.C.
    AU - Dolan, J.A.
    AU - Miller, D.C.
    AU - Peek, M.E.
    AU - Rusiecki, J.M.
    AU - Vela, M.B.
    AD - Healthcare Ethics, Department of Medicine
    AD - Bucksbaum Institute for Clinical Excellence, University of Chicago, United States
    AD - Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Advancing Health Equity: Leading Care, Payment, and Systems Transformation, National Program Office
    AD - Merck Foundation Bridging the Gap: Reducing Disparities in Diabetes Care, National Program Office, Chicago, IL, United States
    AD - Department of Pediatrics
    AD - Pediatric Residency Training Program
    AD - University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, United States
    AD - Department of Medicine
    AD - Bucksbaum Institute for Clinical Excellence
    AD - Institute on the Formation of Knowledge, University of Chicago, United States
    AD - University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, United States
    AD - University of Chicago Medicine, Chicago, IL, United States
    AD - King's College
    AD - Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council, Centre for Doctoral Training in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Department of Physics, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
    AD - Center for Community Health and Vitality, Urban Health Initiative, University of Chicago Medicine, United States
    AD - Health Equity Integration, Institute for Translational Medicine, University of Chicago, Rush University, Chicago, IL, United States
    AD - Internal Medicine Residency, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, United States
    AD - Hispanic Center of Excellence, University of Illinois, College of Medicine at Chicago, Chicago, IL, United States
  • It seems at least one aspect of this problem may be related to my profile. I have been creating fresh profiles for teaching Zotero workshops at my institution so that my teaching environment is closer to that of my learners', and using the last workshop profile I created, I can at least successfully import the RIS file. The Connector import still fails, however.

Similarly, using my regular/personal profile, I'm having issues importing NBIB files from PubMed -- only one record out of 48 is getting imported.
  • For Scopus, you were just importing too many items at once. Scopus was blocking you with an HTTP 429 Too Many Requests error.

The pasted RIS should work fine.

We'd have to see a Debug ID for any other issues.
  • I managed to fix my RIS import issue by deleting and recreating my profile and data directory.

Scopus is still giving me a 429, even for only one record. I will follow up with Elsevier.
  • Scopus has limits on the number of RIS and BibTeX exports that you are allowed within an hour. Once exceeded, your IP address is limited for many hours.