re-sizing columns

Is it possible to resize the three columns? It looks as though it should be, since if you position the cursor over a column divider you get the familiar 2-headed horizontal arrow; but nothing seems to happen.

The problem is that in my default FF window width, column 3 isn't completely displayed, and I'd like to see more of it. Alternatively, perhaps a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the zotero window could be provided?
  • Yes, it should be possible. Not sure why you wouldn't be able to resize them, as long as your window was a decent size. If it's really not working, you could close Firefox and delete/move localstore.rdf within your Firefox profile directory, which stores windows settings, and see if that fixes the problem. The file will be recreated the next time you start Firefox.
  • Thanks for your help. I tried deleting localstore.rdf, but it didn't help.

I'm not sure what you mean by "decent size": my FF window is 19.5cm wide. Can *you* resize the Zotero columns? I'm using FF 2.0.0.5 / mswin xp/sp2. If you can, then maybe it's one of my FF settings, or other extensions, though it doesn't seem to me that the extensions I've installed are the sorts of things that would interfere with re-sizing.
  • I'm not sure what you mean by "decent size": my FF window is 19.5cm wide
    Pixel size is what matters, but that seems rather small. You might just be coming up against the minimum widths of the columns. What screen resolution are you using? If you have the screen real estate for it, try enlarging the Firefox window. If not, consider a higher screen resolution. 800 pixels is really the bare minimum width that Zotero will work with.
    Can *you* resize the Zotero columns?
    Yes. I also wrote much of the Firefox window code, so I can assure you that it's possible as long as the Firefox window is large enough. If the window is narrower than about 800 pixels, the columns won't resize.
  • Yes, that's it, thanks. If I'm in full screen, then I can re-size the columns; but with my current screen resolution (1024x768), my FF window is just too small. Oh well.

Thanks again for your help with this: I really appreciate it!