Current Status? Zotero 6 with LibreOffice master document

What is current status regarding interworking Zotero 6 with LO master documents? Still as here https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/383977#Comment_383977
  • Pretty sure nothing has changed on the Zotero end, i.e. no testing and no specific development, though it's certainly worth trying out in case changes in LO have made a difference.
  • edited March 2, 2023
    Thanks for feedback. Concerning writing with citations supported by reference manager I am very beginner. I am not sure if I can do the test well. Yesterday I completed transferring my document to LO master and couple of subdocuments*. Was lot of job to switch to LO formatting syntax and to learn latter one. In the end Zotero informed me I need to make switch from ReferenceMarks to Bookmarks. Otherwise Zotero may be unable to update citations already present in document - so the message I get every time myself conducts save master to file**. However I see using latter ones should also have serious shortcomings - the comment in citation style settings.

What a decision may be best one my side right now? This particular case thesis document final size is 13 up to 15 pages.

*) journey start point was latex (steep learning curve) with Textmaker as intermediate station

**) This document contains Zotero ReferenceMarks. Upon reopening the document, Zotero will be unable to edit existing citations or add new references to the bibliography.

To save Zotero citation information, please select the "ODF Text Document" format when saving, or switch to Bookmarks in the Zotero Document Preferences.
  • edited March 2, 2023
    comment previous body invalid, below valid one
    --
    One test I can for sure do is to add one citation and place it to document text between last one and next to last currently. Chicago Manual Style 17th. Result: citation footnote looks fine, number of citation last one as of before test has been incremented. I am still not so far to have bibliography index in my writing. Maybe this is what I should test as next?

-- update

Bibliography has been successfully added to master document. Got bibliography, which as of time being I am satisfied with, is sorted by author name alphabetically. Sounds good, or am I wrong? Which test else could me conduct as next?

In use Zotero 6 of last available version + LO 7.4.5.1.

--
    Though, one problem I can observe: delete one citation, conduct Refresh, item doesn't get removed from bibliography, needs to be removed manually