Sync error Zotero-File-Modification-Time header not set in file request

Hello,

I have this sync error :

Zotero-File-Modification-Time header not set in file request for 15/T2ZRMF6T

From what I read in other discussions, it means some of my IT department tools must be intercepting my requests. And indeed I was remote working, encountered this error, then disabled my work VPN and the issue was solved.

How can I notify this issue to my IT department ? (because just "my Zotero sync when using our VPN won’t help them much")

Bug report ID : 2140970669

Thank you in advance for your help.
  • edited February 25, 2023
    If you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync attempt that triggers this error, we may be able to tell you something more specific.
  • Thank you dstillman for taking time answering me.

I send a debug ID : D1246818198
  • There's no error there, though.
  • yes strange because Zotero is not throwing an error as it did when I posted my original message, but file is not syncing.

To give more detail : I tried to reproduce the issue by adding a file in the web library, then trying to sync it on Zotero desktop using the problematic VPN : file doesn’t sync but no error neither.

But as in settings I use webDAV for file syncing and added a file using web library maybe I created another issue? (when uploading a file in web library, is it stored on Zotero server or on my webDAV server?)
  • Ok, I get the problem of what I did wrong while trying to reproduce the issue.

I am remote working again tomorrow and will try to recreate the same situation as stated in orginal message to produce a debug ID with the corresponding error.

• Well, I did not succeed in reproducing the issue for the moment. If that happens again I will update this discussion after sending the corresponding Bug report ID and debug ID.