Group member unable to see Notes

I am a new user to Zotero, and I hope my problem is due to simply being a novice. I have shared my group library with my professor so she can see notes about each article I plan to use in a literature review. On the Notes tab, I’ve entered 4 different notes for each article by cutting and pasting them from a Word document. She cannot see the majority of the notes created, although she said one note from one article came through. Have I incorrectly set up Groups?
  • As in she doesn't see the note items at all or she sees them but they're blank?

    What's the URL in the address bar when clicking on the parent item of one of these items in the web library?

    In general, though, see Changes Not Syncing.
  • She is able to see some of the notes entered. She just doesn't see all of them. On my end, I can see all 4 notes I've created. (For each article I have a note for purpose, methodology, results & importance, and limitations.) Here is her feedback on my notes.
    "I am still not seeing all four sections (just like your previous submission). I see the limitations section, and for some of them I found a methodology section. But for your next submission make sure that you have the Purpose and along with the Results and Importance (see the rubric)."



    https://www.zotero.org/groups/4916315/simmons/collections/Z47LHNTL/items/BNMVLQYA/note/WEHQYNZA/collection
  • dstillman Zotero Team
    edited February 17, 2023
    In the online library, that item has notes for "Results and Importance", "Limitations", "Purpose", and "Methodology", and anyone viewing the web library should see the same thing. So she should certainly be able to just read them there.

    If she's using the desktop app and not seeing all the notes, she's either looking in the wrong place or there's a syncing problem. The Changes Not Syncing page explains how to debug that, and it explains how to confirm where the problem is (i.e., if you see them online, the problem is on the computer where they can't be seen, not the computer where they were created).

    If she's not seeing them in the online library, she should take a screenshot that shows what she's seeing, upload it somewhere (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.), and email it to us with a link to this thread.
  • @slsimmons: And you can obviously also send her a screenshot of what you see in the web library to show that you've created those notes and that they're present in the web library.
  • I truly appreciate all your help. My professor can see my work, and the problem is resolved.
Sign In or Register to comment.