Enable Connector with Zotero.org

Hi!
I am working with a team of four others, who variously have ios, and windows, and they have tried to install Zotero and the Zotero connector. We have issues with the connector not appearing or not working.

I am having problems with the connector in Brave (chrome variant) on a laptop, and have investigated previously, with no results. Not banging on that door.

Today, with Zotero on my desktop app closed, but Zotero.org open, I selected the connector button, and was asked if I wanted to save to the web library, and promptly selected Yes. "That was simple" I thought, "but what do I do if I don't have a functioning connector button?"

I need strategies for my teammates to add items to the library, even without the connector button. I will go back and read about drag-and-drop, which is new to me tonight. Other thoughts?

Thank you, Stephen

• I'm a bit confused what you're asking, because you're describing so many different scenarios:
    - for iOS there's a free, official Zotero app that allows adding items from the browser using the Share function
    - for Windows, the best way would really be to install Zotero and the preferred browser connector on Chrome, Edge, or Firefox (people do have the connector working with Brave, but there are also recurring issues I think) and then sync
    - if you do want to work without Zotero installed (again: if you can at all avoid that: don't), the workflow is as you describe above. The connector button still works on every page *except* when you're directly looking at a PDF (though it imports with varying qualities of metadata). You can also use the add by identifier option in the web library. If that doesn't work, you (or whoever has the issues) will want to troubleshoot those here directly
    - if you do want to add PDFs directly, having the software installed is going to make your life much easier, as you can simply drag & drop and will often get metadata automatically. That doesn't happen in the web library (or on iOS).