Problem: Area selection images taken by internal PDF reader don't appear in zotero 6.x reports

edited February 16, 2023
As part of my workflow, I take screenshots of tables and graphs from different scientific articles for future reference. When I go to write, I usually take the zotero elements that I'm going to reference and create a zotero report to have all the information at hand. In Zotero 5.x, I did these captures using third-party tools and attached them as individual objects inside the elements they corresponded to.

Here's the problem:

With the implementation of an internal reader in zotero 6.x, I make the screenshots using the area selection tool in the zotero pdf reader. But, with this tool, the images are NOT viewable when zotero generates a report.

Is this a problem that only happens to me? Is it a bug of the version I use? Or, if zotero just works like this, is there an intention to change this situation?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I first extract the annotations to a note before generating the report. In the note, the images are seen. But when the report is generated, you only see the text annotations, not the image ones.