Zotero version 6.0.15 set up identically to other users but no content shown

Hi everyone, first post here. I had a search but wasn't able to find anything related on the first few pages.

We deploy Zotero to about ~40 researchers in our company and copy a Zotero DB along with it. The DB is managed by a single manager and synchronized (changes copied) every 14 days. This generally works without issue, however a single user has identical settings in Zotero to all their colleagues but unfortunately Zotero shows no content at all. Uninstalling completely (also checking for leftover files and reg keys), and re-copying the DB have not shown any success. Users are all running Wi

Anyone have any tips where else I can look or maybe had the same strange issue?
Let me know if you have any other questions or if I missed any necessary info.

Thanks,

Sev
  • We can only support the current version, 6.0.21.

If you can reproduce it with that, we'd want to see a Debug ID for Zotero startup through the problem occurring, using the "Restart with Logging Enabled…" option.
  • Unfortunately this would involve updating for the other ~40 users as well and we don't see that happening this month, I will post again once we've deployed the newest version. Thanks for the quick response @dstillman!

Can I close/archive this post?
  • We can still take a look at a Debug ID, since it's unlikely the version is relevant. We just can't spend time debugging it if there's nothing obvious as long as it's an old version.

No need to close posts in any case (and better to continue here regardless).