When I try to input the second citation, zotero interchanges the first one as the second citation.

I got stuck in this error....
When I try to input the second citation, zotero changes the first article citation as the second article citation. It keeps put me into 'edit reference window'. What should I do?

I don't want to edit it. I just want to add multiple citations.
  • If you use the classic Add Citation dialog, you need to first click Multiple Sources button in the bottom left, then add the second citation to the list on the left.
  • Thank you so much, poettli

Could you tell me where I can find multiple sources button?
  • You should provide more details. I maybe misunderstood what you are trying to achieve. Are you trying to append a second citation to an existing one or are you trying to add a second citation independently of an existing one? How are you doing this? What do you see on your screen during the different steps.
  • It sounds like you just have the citation window open already—press Escape or Enter/Return so that the citation window is closed, then add a new citation. If that doesn’t work, can you take a step back and describe in detail exactly what steps you are taking and what you are seeing? Feel free to write in a language other than English if that’s easier.