Zotero citation plugin in Libre Office comes up highlighted - how do I remove it?

Basically what the title says. I have installed the Zotero citation plugin into Libre Office (Version: 7.4.2.3) on MacOS. It connects to Zotero just fine and I have my footnote citations where I need them. The only problem is that for some reason Libre Office keeps all of the citations generated through the plugin highlighted in an ugly gray color, and I can't remove it. The only solution is to copy the text of the footnote, paste it after and then remove the previous section of text. Yet that isn't very efficient, as you can imagine. Has anyone else dealt with this before?
  • I'd generally recommend keeping the highlighting, which shows you which elements of the text are generated by Zotero, preventing possible issues, and which won't print or show up in PDF export.

If you do want to hide it, it's "Field Shading" which for me (in v7.0 for Windows) is in
    Tools --> Customize --> LibreOffice --> Application Colors --> Text Document --> uncheck "Field shadings"
  • Oh thanks! I didn't know it went away in pdf. export.

Thanks very much, Adam!