Zotero Formatting Style Update Issue

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with Zotero. I'm trying to format my references as per the "Journal of physical Chemistry C" and I already choose this style from Zotero, however, it does not show the correct one.

For example, instead of the formating be as below:

86. Singh-Rachford, T.N. and F.N. Castellano, Supra-nanosecond dynamics of a red-to-blue photon upconversion system. Inorganic chemistry, 2009. 48(6): p. 2541-2548.

It shows like:
xxiv Singh-Rachford et al., “Supermolecular-Chromophore-Sensitized near-Infrared-to-Visible Photon Upconversion”

So there are two things that aren't correct:
- numbering [i.e. 1,2,3... vs. i, ii, iii, ...]
- Formatting [authoer, title, year, etc]

Also, when I try to change the style, it shows this messages

"Zotero experience"an error updating your doc. Would you like to view troubleshooting?"

Would appreciate any help!

Thanks, Sam
  • That looks like the citation style is currently in Chicago Manual.
    First, switch it to footnotes (under Document Settings) and make sure that works (numbers should then be arabic, but the style still incorrect).
    Then, in a separate step, switch it to your style of choice.
  • Hi Adam, Thnaks for you response.

I did try this. I was able to figure ou the numbering by going to the references and right click on any of the references number --> choose note option --> Arabic number. This resolved this issue and updated the references as numbers in the main manuscript.

On the otherhand, : American Chemical Society"or 'Journal of Physical Chemisty C", the following message still pops up:

"Zotero experience"an error updating your doc. Would you like to view troubleshooting?"

I changed the name and destination few times, but the issue persists.