Full-screen popout

I don't know much about the Firefox add-on model, but is it possible for "Full screen" to create an entirely separate window, so that I can continue using the same instance of Firefox while being able to drag the Zotero window perhaps to another monitor? Also, is it possible to allow Zotero to dock on the left, right, or top of the browser window instead of the bottom?

I know neither of these is possible with the current version, but I'm wondering if there are any technical limitations in the Firefox Add-on model that would prevent something like this from ever being implemented, and if it has been discussed before.
  • Just to add one more slightly unrelated but related-enough-to-not-start-a-new-topic, When I click the Add Item by Identifier magic wand, the window opens on the primary monitor. Is it possible to have it open on whichever monitor Firefox is on? It's a little awkward constantly switching my head back and forth to add items by DOI.
  • edited December 15, 2009
    is it possible for "Full screen" to create an entirely separate window
    Wouldn't it work to first create a second Firefox window, move that to your second monitor, and then maximize that?
    Also, is it possible to allow Zotero to dock on the left, right, or top of the browser window instead of the bottom?
    No/not yet. This has been discussed thoroughly on these forums. See also: http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/222/sidebar/?Focus=5882#Comment_5882
  • When I click the Add Item by Identifier magic wand, the window opens on the primary monitor.
    Now this sounds like a real bug. So if you are working in Zotero on your secondary monitor, and you add an item in using the magic wand, then a new Firefox window opens on your primary monitor? That probably shouldn't happen.