Link to open Zotero 6 PDF reader and scroll to specific highlighted text in the PDF

A link like zotero://select/library/items/WXYZABC will take me to the item in the Zotero collection. However, if that item is a PDF attachment, this link will not open it.

What type of link will open a PDF in the Zotero 6 PDF reader and scroll to specific highlighted text in that PDF?

(I can do this inside of Obsidian, but that prevents me from taking full advantage of Zotero's capabilities.)

Background: My goal is to have two way links between Zotero and Obsidian. I have part of it working, but I have not yet found a link that will open the PDF in Zotero. Beyond that, I actually want to open it and scroll to specific highlighted text.

I can pull annotations into Obsidian from Zotero 6. Those annotations can have various links. For example, I can open the PDFs from which the annotation came in a PDF reader outside of Zotero (Okular on my system). I can link to my Zotero items on the website. Or I can use a Zotero select link similar to the one above to find the item in the Zotero collection. However, those all fall short of my goal.

I have looked at a lot of tutorials and it seems like this is possible, but I'm not yet familiar enough with Obsidian or Zotero to put it all together.

BTW, where is the help for formatting forum posts? I can't find anything about it. Sorry this post has lost all the markdown formatting I had added.
  • See the links generated when you add an annotation to a Zotero note and export the note as Markdown.
  • > See the links generated when you add an annotation to a Zotero note and export the note as Markdown.

Could you elaborate on the steps please?
    Export it how?
    Also, could you show an example of such a link please?
    I'm just learning Zotero (and Obsidian).
  • Right-click on the note in the Zotero item pane (in the middle)--> Export Note --> select markdown and include Zotero links (the default)

zotero://open-pdf/library/items/33PEADEX?page=3&annotation=HPNEJSRT
  • Thank you so much. It works as expected. I'm not sure how I had missed that "Export Note" dialog. I had been looking for the functionality in all the wrong places! Thanks again.
  • I also see that it will work the same without the page number, as in:

zotero://open-pdf/library/items/33PEADEX?annotation=HPNEJSRT

I believe I can also use an Obsidian template to generate links conforming to this structure