Style Request: [Bulletin of Insectology]

Dear all,

I'm trying to submit a paper to Bulletin of Insectology and can't find the asked citation style.
Impact Factor: 1.59
Publisher: Alma Mater Studiorum (Bologna)

http://www.bulletinofinsectology.org/Instructions for authors2.htm

ISSN:
1721-8861 (Print)
1721-8861 (Linking)

Citation examples:

In-text citation:
(Campbell & Pedersen, 2007)
(Mares, 2001)

Bibliography:
CAMPBELL, J. L., PEDERSEN, O. K., 2007.- The varieties of capitalism and hybrid success.- Comparative Political Studies, 40 (3): 307-322.
MARES, I., 2001.- Firms and the welfare state: When, why and how does social policy matter to employers?, pp. 184-213. In: Varieties of capitalism. The institutional foundations of comparative advantage (HALL, P. A., SOSKICE, D., Eds).- Oxford University Press, New York, USA.

link to freely available paper with requested style:
http://www.bulletinofinsectology.org/pdfarticles/vol75-2022-161-168cruz-lopez.pdf

Description of Style:

In-text: In the text, refer to author(s) surnames(s) and year of publication. When there are more than two authors, give the first author surname followed by et al.. References cited together should be arranged chronologically.

Bibliography:
In the reference list, the references must be cited in alphabetical and chronological order for one author or more than two authors; in alphabetical order by surname of the second author in case of two authors.
Journal titles should be given in full. Some examples are given below:

CAMPADELLI G., 1997.- Cenni sulla biologia di Vibrissina turrita Meigen (Dipt. Tachinidae) sull'ospite Arge ochropus Gmel. (Hym. Argidae).- Bollettino dell’Istituto di Entomologia "Guido Grandi" della Università degli Studi di Bologna, 51: 161-170.
CAMPADELLI G., CRUDELE G., 1994.- Alcune osservazioni sulla biologia di Pyrochroa coccinea L. (Col. Pyrochroidae).- Informatore Fitopatologico, 44 (9): 35-37.
CAMPADELLI G., CIANFICCONI F., MORETTI G. P., 1990.- Nuovi reperti di Tricotteri nell'appennino Tosco-Romagnolo.- Rivista di Idrobiologia, 29 (2): 547-561.
CHAPMAN R. F., 1998.- The Insect: Structure and Function.- Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
CRONIN J. T., HAYES J. L., TURCHIN P., 2000.- Evaluation of traps used to monitor southern pine beetle aerial populations and sex ratios.- Agricultural and Forest Entomology, 2 (1): 69-76.
KNERER G., 1993.- Life history diversity in sawflies, pp. 33-59. In: Sawfly life history adaptations to woody plants (WAGNER M., RAFFA K. F., Eds).- Academic Press Inc., San Diego, California, USA.
SWAIN T., 1977.- The effect of plant secondary products on insect plant co-evolution, pp. 249-256. In: Proceedings of XV International Congress of Entomology, (PACKER J., WHITE D., Eds) Washington D. C., 19-27 August 1976. Entomological Society of America, College Park, MD, USA.

Thank you in advance and best regards,
Eva
  • Hi,

sorry, I don't want to be impatient. I have a deadline for my manuscript in about 2-3 weeks and wanted to make sure that you got my request?

Best, Eva
  • edited February 4, 2023
    I have it logged.
    There is a big backlog and I'm the only one working on these requests, but I'll try to have a look in the coming week.
  • Thank you so much! Will check it out now :)
  • hi it looks good! but somehow the title of the paper goes missing in the bibliography.
  • looks perfect :) thanks a lot!
  • Dears,
    thanks a lot for this style that looks good for Bulletin of Insectology.
    Considering the citation style reported in the journal (attached at the end of this message), the comma after the surname should be removed. Please, could you provide this change to the current available style?
    Thank you very much.
    Best regards

Description of Style:

In-text: In the text, refer to author(s) surnames(s) and year of publication. When there are more than two authors, give the first author surname followed by et al.. References cited together should be arranged chronologically.

Bibliography:
    In the reference list, the references must be cited in alphabetical and chronological order for one author or more than two authors; in alphabetical order by surname of the second author in case of two authors.
    Journal titles should be given in full. Some examples are given below:

CAMPADELLI G., 1997.- Cenni sulla biologia di Vibrissina turrita Meigen (Dipt. Tachinidae) sull'ospite Arge ochropus Gmel. (Hym. Argidae).- Bollettino dell’Istituto di Entomologia "Guido Grandi" della Università degli Studi di Bologna, 51: 161-170.
    CAMPADELLI G., CRUDELE G., 1994.- Alcune osservazioni sulla biologia di Pyrochroa coccinea L. (Col. Pyrochroidae).- Informatore Fitopatologico, 44 (9): 35-37.
    CAMPADELLI G., CIANFICCONI F., MORETTI G. P., 1990.- Nuovi reperti di Tricotteri nell'appennino Tosco-Romagnolo.- Rivista di Idrobiologia, 29 (2): 547-561.
    CHAPMAN R. F., 1998.- The Insect: Structure and Function.- Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
    CRONIN J. T., HAYES J. L., TURCHIN P., 2000.- Evaluation of traps used to monitor southern pine beetle aerial populations and sex ratios.- Agricultural and Forest Entomology, 2 (1): 69-76.
    KNERER G., 1993.- Life history diversity in sawflies, pp. 33-59. In: Sawfly life history adaptations to woody plants (WAGNER M., RAFFA K. F., Eds).- Academic Press Inc., San Diego, California, USA.
    SWAIN T., 1977.- The effect of plant secondary products on insect plant co-evolution, pp. 249-256. In: Proceedings of XV International Congress of Entomology, (PACKER J., WHITE D., Eds) Washington D. C., 19-27 August 1976. Entomological Society of America, College Park, MD, USA.
  • No need to copy paste the whole guidelines again as it adds a lot of bulk to this thread without adding much.

Try https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/raw/6585da1ceea714d82b92bd25011dac73f013b5ee/bulletin-of-insectology.csl