Notes Editor Standalone Window: Cursor Error

I am encountering a bug in the standalone Notes Editor window when I switch between that window and another one. The problem is the cursor position.

When I switch focus to the Notes Editor window with my mouse and I click on a different place than where the cursor was previously placed, the cursor returns to where it was when I "left" the window. Only when I click my desired place a second time does the cursor actually move to where I want it to be.

I switch a lot between a PDF open in one window and back to the editor window. When I do it by mouse, I often start typing and the text gets inserted in the wrong place. Very annoying.
The problem occurs only when the note editor is opened in a separate window.

Expected Behavior: I select a specific place in the editor while the window is not in focus and can then start inserting text at that place.

Actual Behavior: The cursor reverts to where it previously was when I "left" the window and I need to select the desired position for a second time before I can begin typing.

Using Zotero Version 6.0.20 on a Ubuntu 22.04 System, with the retorquere package (https://github.com/retorquere/zotero-deb). Not sure if the problem persists on Windows as well, may attempt it on my Win 10 System and update the post later.
  • Confirming that this is still an issue, now occurring also when simply editing a note in the side panel and without switching focus between windows.

Now Zotero 6.0.35, same OS as above.
  • Could you check whether the issue remains in the Zotero 7 beta?
  • i did. the latter problem has disappeared, though there is a tiny delay between clicking and the cursor actually moving to the intended place.

unfortunately, the issue i reported last year remains.

on another note, kudos to the new version, it looks great!