Addin for Word not installed?

Hi!
We are trying to deploy an installation using SCCM. The installation works - but ends up without the word processor plugins. We do get the Zotero Toolbar in Word - but it isn't functional.

In your documentation I found this:
" The word processor plugins are bundled with Zotero and should be installed automatically for each supported word processor on your computer when you first start Zotero.

You can reinstall the plugins later from the Cite → Word Processor Plugins pane of the Zotero preferences. If you're having trouble, see Manually Installing the Zotero Word Processor Plugin or Word Processor Plugin Troubleshooting."

The "Cite → Word Processor Plugins pane" of the Zotero preferences is also completely empty.

I now tried to do a manual installation on the target machine - logged on as an administrator - but the problem persists.

It is the phrase "when you first start Zotero." I wonder about. In this instance the first person to log in and start Zotero was only a "user" - do we need to have "administrators" log in and start Zotero on all the computers? It will be a bit cumbersome to have to do this on the library's 350 machines in the ComputerLabs.

Best regards
SilvaD

SILVA DANIELSSON
IT-Support technician

GÖTEBORGS UNIVERSITET
IT-dept., IT-support

• The "Cite → Word Processor Plugins pane" of the Zotero preferences is also completely empty.
    It sounds like you've successfully installed Zotero.dotm into Word, but the component in Zotero that the template communicates with isn't enabled for some reason.

Check Tools → Add-ons in Zotero and make sure that Zotero Word for Windows Integration shows up and enabled. (It's bundled with Zotero and should be enabled by default.)
  • Thank you for the prompt answer - Unfortunately "Tools → Add-ons in Zotero" is also empty on my test-computer, even after a manual installation using the same "Zotero-6.0.20_setup.exe" that we deployed through the SCCM - and running the installation "as administrator"
    Best regards
    SilvaD
  • Delete extensions.json in your Zotero profile directory and restart Zotero.