adding annotations & abstract to bibliography.

edited January 28, 2023
If you want to have both the reference's abstract and your own annotation/comment to each item in the bibliography you can start with the Citation Style: "American Psychological Association 7th edition (with abstract)", and change two lines in the style in the zot Style Editor, found under >EDIT>Preferences>Cite>Styles tab. Choose the mentioned style, then use the "Style Editor" button at the bottom.

The section to change is at the very end of the style.

text variable="abstract" display="block" prefix=" Abstract: "
text variable="note" display="block" prefix=" Annotation: "
layout
bibliography
style

The two 'text variable' lines have been altered to produce the following with Abstract and Annotation changes.

Baldassano, S., Alioto, A., Amato, A., Rossi, C., Messina, G., Bruno, M. R., Stallone, R., & Proia, P. (2023). Fighting the Consequences of the COVID-19 Pandemic: Mindfulness, Exercise, and Nutrition Practices to Reduce Eating Disorders and Promote Sustainability. Sustainability, 15(3), 2120. https://doi.org/10.3390/su15032120
Abstract: Over the past two years, the world’s population has been tested by the COVID-19 health emergency. This has changed population habits worldwide by encouraging a sedentary lifestyle and overnutrition. Isolation and reduction of social life, for most of the population, was mandatory but it quickly became a new lifestyle. Nowadays, we are encountering the consequences with an increase in nutritional associated disorders and
Annotation: This is a comment on the articles and is only a comment. This is a comment on the articles and is only a comment.

=============
You will need to make your annotations/comments in zot's 'Extra' field found in the right side panel under the "Info" tab.

I can see that the 'Extra' field is sometimes used during the creation of a zot item, but I'm assuming not afterwards, making it free to use for this purpose.

If I'm wrong, or, there is a better why to add personal notes to each zot item, which can then be exported as part of your bibliography, then me know.