I'm trying to sync my old zotero library with a new one with different emails
I don't quite know how I did this to myself, but I seemed to have two different zotero accounts set-up and I can't figure out a good way to merge the two. One is logged in only on my desktop app, and the other (this one) is logged in on the web library.
I thought about exporting my desktop library, but I can't figure out how to import to the web library. Am I missing something?
Once I figure this out, I would still want to use the desktop app regularly and I would want to switch over so that both interfaces are with the same email. I don't know what email/username I used for the desktop app (I only know it's not the email I'm currently using with my web library). I would logout of the account on my desktop app and log in again with my current email address, but I also can't figure out how to do that using the desktop app. Would I need to un- and re-install the app?
TYIA for any assistance!
I thought about exporting my desktop library, but I can't figure out how to import to the web library. Am I missing something?
Once I figure this out, I would still want to use the desktop app regularly and I would want to switch over so that both interfaces are with the same email. I don't know what email/username I used for the desktop app (I only know it's not the email I'm currently using with my web library). I would logout of the account on my desktop app and log in again with my current email address, but I also can't figure out how to do that using the desktop app. Would I need to un- and re-install the app?
TYIA for any assistance!
Upgrade Storage
You can switch accounts from the Sync pane of the Zotero preferences, and you could export to Zotero RDF with files from one into the other (ideally from the one with less data and/or that you haven't used with any word processor documents, since links to citations will be lost), but before you do anything, you should check the Sync pane of the desktop app to see whether it's actually set up with a different account.