Receiving storage quota message despite having plenty of space left

This discussion was created from comments split from: Storage Limit.
  • I am experiencing this issue as well:

I am getting the alert that I have reached my Zotero file storage quota.
    When I check my settings online, my current plan (6GB) has plenty of space left: 38.3% (2300.9MB) in use.
    Zotero is indeed restricting its uploads, however -- I'm finding myself without some file attachments on my laptop, when I go there to check.

Any help resolving it would be appreciated.
  • (Please start new threads for new issues. I've moved this to a new thread.)

You would only get that if 1) you were in a group library owned by somebody else who was at their storage quota (which you're not), 2) you're syncing with a different account, or 3) you added a multi-GB file to your library that would use up the rest of your available space.

If you're not sure which it is, provide a Debug ID for a sync that triggers this and we can take a look.
  • Thanks, dstillman.

I am not in any group libraries that I do not own, have only one account, and have not added a file of that size. (Those excellent suggestions were earlier in the thread, and I check for them before posting.)

It has self-resolved. Looking at my account, I noticed that my Zotero storage subscription auto-renewed today. My guess is that the error occurred while that was being processed, or occurs on the day of renewal, or, something similar.

Since I can't replicate it, I won't be able to help highlight if that is what happened, though. Either way, I'm good to go. :D
  • edited January 25, 2023
    My guess is that the error occurred while that was being processed, or occurs on the day of renewal, or, something similar.
    Yes, you're right — it looks like that's what happened. We'll fix that. Thanks, and sorry for the trouble!