Where are the Notes stored?

I I have to sync between home and work and I have been doing it by copying the zotero folder in the mozilla profiles directory back and forth. So, I finally did make the mistake of synching the wrong way! I copied my older files in the external drive to the harddisk which held the newer files. Unfortunately, sqlite.bak is overwritten too:-(

However, the sync program does not delete files -- it just overwrites them if they are named the same. So, looking around in zotero storage folders, I can see that any snapshots I captured that day are still there and can be identified by searching for recent documents.

However, I had also taken a bunch of notes that day. Are they also stored in separate files or would they all be in the zotero.sqlite file which did get overwritten?

I do have backups so this is loss of one day's work. I am looking forward to the server-based release to save me from myself:-)
  • They're stored in the SQL database, sorry.
  • I suspected as much. Thanks.
  • Hmm... Does that mean that those items will now be left as orphans in storage? The database no longer knows they are there. I guess I should do a full delete/restore from an earlier backup.
  • edited July 20, 2007
    Does that mean that those items will now be left as orphans in storage?
    Yes.