Remove Zotero Connector items from contextual menu

I never use Zotero Connector from the contextual menu (right-click) in the browser. But it takes up three spots there which is annoying. Is it possible to remove these items from the menu while keeping the rest of the extension working?
  • What browser are you referring to?

Zotero only takes one row — for a submenu — in the page context menu in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.

In Safari, the page context menu is the only way to get to the options that are in the toolbar button context menu in other browsers. Those options need to be available, so if you don't like that, tell Apple they should allow toolbar button context menus like every other browser.
  • I'm using Safari. This is unfortunate. I was hoping there could be some flag in advanced settings that would disable zotero menu items. For me, clicking the extension icon is enough.
    I just realized there can be more items depending on the page type. So it's taking up 40-50% of my whole menu.
    Well, Apple ways can be annoying but I assume enough people are using zotero with safari to take this into consideration. Anyway, thanks for the reply.
  • edited January 19, 2023
    This is a misunderstanding, though. The options aren't optional. The secondary translator options allow you to save different data on some pages, and the Zotero Preferences option is the only way to get to the preferences. There couldn't be a preference to show or hide the menu options if you couldn't get to the preferences in the first place…
  • edited January 19, 2023
    I realize that "preferences" is necessary, and one item is fine (although there are extensions that use the widget icon to get to their preferences). I meant that for my needs the default translator used when pressing the widget icon is enough, so I personally would be happy to hide those options. Unless you mean that without the items any saving is not possible for some reason.
  • edited August 3, 2023
    Is it possible to remove the "zotero connector" from context menu in Firefox? Thanks @dstillman