Flashing background color when editing on Mac OS

I am running Zotero 6.0.19 on Mac OS Monterey 12.6. Whenever I edit PDF notes or do selection within a pdf the panel where the highlights show up oscillates background colors and it is very distracting. At first I thought it was me or the lighting, but it's real and timed with the cursor flash as shown in a gif I captured (see frames 5 vs 6 or 14 vs 15)

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0b7369ULMVSAd4lJKoZNC5Upw#zotero-flashing

I am running Zutilo, BetterBibtex, MdNotes and ZotFile add-ins. Any ideas what is causing this?
  • Weird. That not something we've seen. Those plugins are unlikely to interfere, but you should disable them all and confirm that it still happens.

Are you running any third-party system software that might be causing this?
  • I have the same problem. The rhythm of the color flash matches the rhythm of the cursor, for example when the cursor is in the search box. The color flash is seen in the top gray bar and the left annotation panel, but not the main white panel in the middle. I'm running Zotero 6.0.37 and MacOS Ventura 13.5.2. The only add-ons I have are Zotero LibreOffice Integration and Zotero Word for Mac Integration.
  • @zy3062: You should start by updating to the latest version of Ventura or Sonoma.
  • @dstillman: updating to the latest version of Sonoma 14.4.1 indeed resolved the problem. Thanks!