767439109 Sync error

I still have Sync problems :

[JavaScript Error: "Request timed out after 120000 ms"]

[JavaScript Error: "Request timed out after 120000 ms"]

[JavaScript Error: "Kunne ikke forbinde til server. Tjek din internetforbindelse."]

[JavaScript Error: "Kunne ikke forbinde til server. Tjek din internetforbindelse."]

[JavaScript Error: "The connection to wss://stream.zotero.org/ has terminated unexpectedly. Some data may have been transferred."]

[JavaScript Error: "WebSocket connection closed: 1006 "]

Please help me!
  • edited January 13, 2023
    (If you don't receive a response, you can post a follow-up in the same thread, but please don't create duplicate threads.)

Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync that fails?
    Also, if you deleted items previously (rather than just editing them, which is all you had to do), did you empty the trash?

You could also get this if you added images to any of your notes before Zotero 6, when images in notes became officially supported.
  • But the thing is that the error is:

Request timed out after 120000 ms

So I really do not know what to do
  • I asked for a Debug ID above so that we can tell you more.
  • No, that's a Report ID. Follow my link above.
  • its that the right one? :)
  • Yes, and that still shows a massive Abstract value.

Paste YV7RETRL into the Zotero search bar in All Fields & Tags mode. If it doesn't show up, check in the trash.
  • nothing shows up - and the trash is empty
    It's in one of your group libraries.
  • I was thinking the same, what to do? and why do the other memebers not have the same problem then?
  • Because you added the item, and it's too big to sync. You need to paste YV7RETRL into the library root of your groups to find the item in question and then fix the Abstract.
  • How can I do that (im sorry im very new to this)
  • I think i got it
    You just need to do the same search in the root of each of your groups. The same search you did in My Library above.
  • Can I delete the file or do I have to correct it ?
    Up to you. But if you delete it you have to empty it from the trash as well.
  • I now deleted the file (also from the trash and online libray) and still I get the same error

I search YV7RETRL in all the groups , without any hits

What should I do?
    That just means there's another item. Provide another Debug ID, or go through the items in that library looking for long abstracts.
    2USYWUBZ

I can't tell you each one, though, so you can go to Help → Debug Output Logging → View Output and look for "UPLOAD BATCH:" near the bottom after starting a sync to see the key of the item it's trying to upload.

These also presumably all came from the same source, so you can search by Library Catalog or sort by Date Added to find related items with the same problem. This latest example has a 5 MB value, so these are very much not valid abstracts. We'll see what we can do to prevent these from breaking syncs in the future, but for the moment you'll need to fix them manually.

If you tell us where exactly these items came from, we can also look into whether there's a problem in Zotero that resulted in these bad values.
  • Thank you so much for the help - I think I made it
  • If you're able to say where from/how you imported those items, we'd be interested in that, too, to potentially prevent that from happening to others.