Enable to "save search" as a subcollection

I would like to request a feature of virtual/link subcollections whereby a collection could display items of another collection. This feature could help transitioning from the strictly hierarchical organisation to the network graph organisation of collections.

To achieve this I suggest to enable saving a search within a collection, similar to a subcollection. That way one could create a search by a specific collection and then save it within another, effectively appearing as a sort of "virtual/link" sub-collection.

State of the art:
My Library
--CollectionA
--CollectionB
----SubcollectionBA
----SubcollectionBB
--SavedSearchForSubcollectionBA

Proposed feature:
My Library
--CollectionA
----SavedSearchForSubcollectionBA
--CollectionB
----SubcollectionBA
----SubcollectionBB
  • Thanks. This has been suggested before and is planned, though there's no ETC.
  • MG6
    edited December 12, 2009
    This is great news. In simple terms, I would love it if saved searches behaved like regular sub-folders/collections, which they already look like. One question about the Ticket: when it says "make subcollections out of them," I hope they would retain their "smart folder" capabilities, and not actually turn into mere collections?

(Thank you for the redirect, Dan--I searched the forum before posting but didn't find this.)
  • when it says "make subcollections out of them," I hope they would retain their "smart folder" capabilities, and not actually turn into mere collections?
    Yes. That was just the wording on the ticket, but it means to allow them to be created in or moved into collections.
This discussion has been closed.