Questions about Adding Bulk Tags to a SINGLE item

Is there a way to add 30 tags to an item quickly vs add one, add another, add another - one by one?

Why? I'm a researcher in human development - a massive cross functional field, from biology to ecology, psychology to sport science. I have a Natural Language Processing workflow I use to enrich research paper insights that I place in Zotero (summarize, key points, concept extraction). I heavily use TAGS as filters so I can "mind map" across all these domains. For instance - how do "language", "Age = #", "Location", "Social Relationships", and "Motivation" cluster across domains. This is what I mainly use Zotero for and LOVE IT! So powerful.

My current NLP workflow can extract up to 50 keywords/concept works about the topic of the text analyzed. The choke point in my workflow is now having to enter a tag one by one. When I process 10+ articles on research review days, That's upwards of 500 tags that need to be entered. That takes too much time.

Am i missing something?

Is there a way to copy paste in a string like the following (how my system exports)... and have that populate as individual tags for that item?

"Neural networks; Prefrontal cortex; Temporal lobes; Parietal lobes; Dorsolateral; Prefrontal cortex; Cingulate gyrus; fMRI; Music"

Any add-ons or features I'm missing? Or others with this challenge so we can request a feature.

Thank you!
  • You can paste newline-delimited sets of tags and then confirm with shift+enter to add multiple tags at once. So

Neural networks
    Prefrontal cortex
    Temporal lobes
    etc.

You can quickly get those from your semicolon delimited list using search & replace in any decent text editor.
  • HOLY SMOKES!

That's perfect - solved the problem, and super easy.

Thank you immensely!