I deleted a collection

Working too fast, I agreed to delete an entire collection, when I meant just to delete a entry. This is a disaster for me, and my online back up as obediently also deleted the collection. What can I do?
Melani
  • I do have Time Machine, but otherwise I haven't been backing up Zotero -- stupidly thought the online backup was enough, but of course never thought about what would happen in a case like this.
  • most likely you still have all the items in the collection - obviously without the collection itself - search in your library.

If time machine does backup your Zotero folder
    http://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data
    you can just use that for a backup. Using time-machine or something similar (correctly configured) is the best way to backup Zotero, nothing else is necessary.
  • OK, this is really helpful. I panicked, but I hadn't thought about the fact that I probably hadn't deleted the actual items! And Time Machine does back up Zotero, thank goodness. With some crisis management and more searching in the forums, plus this bit of reassurance, I was able to pull up the backup from Time Machine and figure out how to restore. Thank you!!