Adding curator

edited December 26, 2022
Hi,

My intention is to amend Chicago to include exhibitions with relevant information such as curator.

I've been following the advice in the thread about adding events/exhibitions and adding curators in the extra field:

Curator: Family || Given
Curator: Family || Given
etc.

Unexpectedly I run in to some issues in the formatting when editing the styled in both the CSL Editor and in Zotero. The label "curator" works fine and the name is printed – albeit in sort order no matter what I change.
Furthermore it doesn't recognise more than one curator and prints only one even though there are several listed.
I've tried editing an existing style as well as starting with a bare-bone style from scratch to make sure I'm not overlooking any conflicts.

<names variable="curator" prefix=" " suffix=".">
<label form="verb" text-case="capitalize-first" suffix=" "/>
<name and="text"/>
</names>
<names variable="editor" prefix=" " suffix=".">
<label form="verb" text-case="capitalize-first" suffix=" "/>
<name and="text"/>
</names>

The same code generates different results when using for example editors and curators. See the two examples:

The Machine is Us. 2022. Exhibition. Curator O’donnell, Tominga. Munch, Oslo, Norway.
and
Isabela Mares. Varieties of capitalism. The institutional foundations of comparative advantage. Firms and the welfare state: When, why, and how does social policy matter to employers? Edited by Peter A. Hall and David Soskice. 2001.

I'm sure it is me who is doing something wrong. I definitely don't have much experience in this field so any help is appreciated :)